Friday 26 February 2010

Being lazy is an art you have to perfect.

I hate Fridays. Or, more or less, I hate having to go to work on Fridays. I've managed to pretty much skip this dealio for the past two weeks on account that I still feel fairly shitty (from lungs, infection, whatever. I don't even know what exactly, so you could just take your pick and you're probably right.) I made the fucking stupid mistake of saying 'I hope I stay well before IVs in two weeks.' Now this, my lovelies, is exactly the thing you're not meant to say if you don't want to jinx yourself. Of course, me being me, I said it and less than 24 hours later I felt like I'd been hit by a truck and then jumped on by several small (but evil) children. I took some co-codamol b/c the lungular regions were being annoying and hurting, and waited, like the ever patient person I am, for what felt like days (It was probably about 40 mins) for it to kick in. And when it finally did, I was about half conscious and probably slowly loosing the ability to type anything that made sense.
When I finally did sleep, I felt like I'd broken a rib in my right side. No idea what this was from but it woke me up from hurting, at about 3am or so. I just decided to tough it up and go back to sleep b/c I wasn't conscious enough to bother with more painkillers. And if I had bothered to get some, I'd probably would have woken the entire house b/c I always forget that the second to last stair creaks really loudly (I can't hear it myself but you can pretty much feel how loud it is when you step on it). That, and the pretty obvious fact that I'd most likely knock stuff over or break something. It's what I do.

I'm kind of at a loss of what to do. My week sort of moves towards Fridays, when I work, and then Saturdays for college. I'm considering quitting my job b/c I just don't have the energy to do everything. I mean, fuck sake, a couple of weeks ago I was carrying one of those stupid hoovers at work, and my co worker pointed out I was breathing a bit weird and asked me if I had an inhaler. I had to explain that CF isn't like asthma and there's no inhaler I can take to help. It was basically b/c I'd been walking up a hill (which wasn't even steep, and I'd only been walking about 100ft or so) and carrying that stupid thing. But even so, I still had to sit and catch my breath for ages after. So yeah, quitting that job and getting a different job where I'm not walking about or carrying things like a total pack goat all day, seems like a totally wise idea. Apart from the thing where no one wants to hire me b/c I look like a 14 year old.

Right. I'm off to be very unproductive and probably sit and watch tv, perfecting the art of being lazy. It's a real skill.

2 comments:

MBNAD woman said...

Drop by for a bit of encouragement. And don't moan that sometimes we don't post a comment! There's a whole post, just for you.

btw: the word verification is "franocat". Maybe a drink like Fernet Branca but tasting of cat's pee?

Mad x

Millennium Housewife said...

I read you quite a bit, but don't comment - how rude. So here one is darlin xx

ps my word veri is silygy apt?

First and last of 2018

Oh dear. I think this is a new record, one post for the entire year (Technically. I wrote on 1.1.18 but its likely I wrote it a few days bef...