Wednesday, 10 February 2010

Tachycardia.

As I write this my HR is currently 149 bmp. I seriously have no idea what's causing it - all I'm doing is sitting here watching a movie (For those nosey people, it's just John Tucker Must Die). But really. Maybe it's cause I couldn't catch my breath. Breathing really harsh and shallow is hardly a heart rates best friend. I could basically hear my HR. You'd think my hearts trying to break free at this rate.

I just checked it again and now it says 105bmp. Getting back to normal now, then. Down we go back to my normal 80 -or-so bmp.

Nothing else to say really. Just fancied freaking out a bit.

4 comments:

Katey said...

Sorry your heart rate is high. My heart rate is always faster than normal (pre-transplant and post-transplant). This last time I was in the hospital...mine would be 150 at rest...which really sucked. I could never catch a deep breath.

Praying it gets better...and that heart rate calms down SOON and stays down. Be careful though...make sure it isn't an indication or symptom of something else (ex: infection).

MBNAD woman said...

That's scary. Have you made sure that you haven't been overdoing things with caffeine?
Mad x

Gem said...

Tachycardia is sooo scary! My resting heartrate is something like 100 but my heart races really easily. It's a horrible feeling! Hope you're feeling better now xx

Viva La Fashion said...

that's got to be so scary. i hope your heart slows down and you can catch your breath soon.

One of those things

Hemos. Nearly everyone with CF has probably been there at some point. Its just one of those 'things' that comes hand in hand with sh...