Monday 27 July 2009

...From the depths of boredom.

Have you had your dose of irony today people? If not, no worries, I always carry extra...

There is a programme called 'MyDeafLife.com' I don't know what its about, and frankly, couldn't care less. But the irony? Oh yes, it's on a channel which doesn't have subtitles.

Sing it with me: 'I-R-O-N-Y!'

I haven't done much. Still waiting for Monday, my well awaited 18th. Over the years, I've definitely grown up, birthday wise. 10 years ago, I would have been irritating everyone I could reach with 'Its my birthday in a month!', 'It's my birthday in a week' and 'It's my birthday in [insert number of hours here].' Now, I'm not actually bothered. People, well, family, keep asking me what I want for my birthday. I can only think of one thing. A book. A book, people! That's all I want for my 18th. It's a good book though. The last in a series of 10 books by Louise Rennison. And I don't care if the book (Ahem, 'Are these my basoomers I see before me?') is a teenager-y book, because they're good to read and laugh at. Other than these books, and things like 'Harry Potter' I don't have any favorites. I don't even have a favorite genre yet. I really need to branch out, but the problem is, if it's a crap book in the first few chapters, you've lost me already.

Sign language is still bugging me - should I learn and admit I'm deaf, and give myself another way of communication (both my Dad and Gran have said if I learn, they'll learn too) or should I refuse to learn on the grounds that a, I don't think I'll retain enough information to successfully sign and b, I fucking hate being deaf.

I've slacked a lot on my running, but mainly for reasons like the rain. There is no way you can make me run/walk for 15 minutes in the rain (and that isn't including time for me to stop several times and gain my breath back). I think its a good idea not to go traipsing in the rain anyway - the only thing it would amount to is a cold. I did, however, find a wall covered in ladybirds on a run last week. I stopped by the postbox for a breather, and noticed a little red dot scuttling along the little wall. A closer look around the wall revealed another 14 ladybirds running about, and a few weird bugs that looked half Caterpillar, half centipede. I went back down the next day with my little sister, armed with my camera. When I got there, I managed about 5 pictures, and then the batteries died. And I just couldn't be bothered to go back up the hill for more batteries. It's a pity, as I wanted a cute picture of about 6 ladybirds who had crammed themselves into a small chip in the wall.

Oh, and I found that the network that my mobile phone is on, is shutting down, or moving to bigger companies or something along those lines. So I'm annoyed, as this network (for 16-24 yr olds) would give you £15 worth of credit, in exchange of getting a few adverts in texts throughout the day. They didn't bug me much, so it was worth it.

My laptop has only just recovered from having some sort of mini-fit. All I did was accidentally plug in a USB cable the wrong way, and for some reason, the USB hole bit is missing something - the black bit that stops you from putting in a USB cable upside down. Anyhoo, so I plugged it in, realised that it was upside down, went 'oh shit' and my laptop died. It refused to even switch on the little light that means it's charging. After begging it to switch back on for probably 1 1/2 hours, my Dad came home and fixed it in 10 minutes. Even though he doesn't know what exactly is wrong with it. I know whats wrong with it - technology hates me.

Oh and I got my hair cut yesterday. In any picture I've got on here, I've got long hair. And do you know what I've done? I've had almost half of it chopped off. When I got out of the chair at the hairdressers, the amount of hair she had chopped off was probably enough to be ankle deep. Although I did ask for that much to be chopped - it was just far too flipping long, and kind of like a split end party. So now my hair is what you can call 'shoulder length' and I like it, but I'm not used to it yet. I'll put up a picture eventually.

And as you can probably guess, I'm bored. I'm even bored of Facebook. What does that tell you?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You should put up a new pic of your new top...Is there a gym nearby that you could run inside on a treadmill? You're lungs will thank you for it...

Ronnie

First and last of 2018

Oh dear. I think this is a new record, one post for the entire year (Technically. I wrote on 1.1.18 but its likely I wrote it a few days bef...