Wednesday 16 June 2010

Zip slide

OK....


Jumping off the Tyne bridge in Newcastle via a (I'm hoping not flimsy) piece of wire and a harness that had better fucking not snap on me.

I hate heights. If I look over the edge of a barrier and I'm really high up, I panic, and get that jolt in my stomach imagining what it'd be like to fall. That's not to say I keep my feet on the ground all the time. I love rock climbing and climbing up trees like a nutter. But there's just the idea of being suspended over the river, travelling 30mph. And the minor fact that I can injure myself doing sweet FA.

It's last minute, I know. Most people sign up for these at least a month or two in advance. I'm doing this in less than two weeks. I'm pretty sure I'll do it on the 26th June (I have the option of 26th or 27th), although I think it's all about the timing - 26th is Saturday, and I'll be at college. I could always disapear for 30 minutes, and when I walk back into college (not saying I have to, but if it was a busy day, I would) saying 'Oh I've just zip lined across the river' would be one hell of a reply to 'where did you dissapear off to?'

If you donated I'd love you forever :D And even more so if you posted the link around to get it just that bit further.

2 comments:

Darkies Gem said...

If I had any money at all, I would!

Good luck hun, and you're right, that would be a very cool response to going back to college late! Especially yawning as saying it-as if it was no big deal lol.

Anyway yeah, good luck, and have fun and hope some money giving peoples can donate to make it worthwhile for you.


Gem x

MBNAD woman said...

No wimping now ... we demand photographs!

Mad x

First and last of 2018

Oh dear. I think this is a new record, one post for the entire year (Technically. I wrote on 1.1.18 but its likely I wrote it a few days bef...