Friday 23 November 2012

Casa de NHS

Once again I've landed myself in hospital with the charming leash to the wall otherwise known as O2. Joy. This is the second time this has happened in two years, I swear, this better not be an annual thing, as it happened last winter too, and I find O2 so bloody irritating even if it's only for a few days. I have no idea how other people put up with it cos my nose is so itchy!!



Please ignore my fringe, cos someone decided it needed a trim, and now someone has to look like a twat whilst it grows back to an acceptable length.

I only came in yesterday (Thursday) and as my IVs finish on Monday, and it seems the O2 is helping (also cos my sats dropped to about 89 last night when the O2 fell off) I'm stuck here till Monday at the least. Or rather, I'm stuck here till Monday then I'm fucking off cos I'm sure I'll be fine by then. And also bored. My family visited me earlier which was nice, but once again there's always the guilty feeling for them having to drive half an hour and pay for parking just to come see me. My boyfriend and best friend have both said they're visiting me tomorrow so I won't be stuck with crappy weekend tv just for entertainment. Luckily being in a cf room, we don't have strict visiting hours as our unit is right next to the doors, so I've been told up to two people any time I like, as long as we behave (and of course I'm fucking angelic) and during actual visiting hours of 2-4 and 6-8, basically as many people as I like. Good enough for me!

However, it's not the be all end all as I have decent food (CF menu, whey!) with pretty trays which brightens the place up, and I'm also in a CF room so that means freeview on a flat screen tv and an ensuite bathroom. No need to leave the room for anything really! Even the HCA who does the tea trolley doesn't even ask if I want tea, cos I always do, so she just comes in with it now, heh. 

Perks aside, yes its boring, and yes I'd rather be at home. Can't win really! There's whispers of an ABG to be done at some point, I think its a maybe thing, which won't be fun. I've had one done before and it wasn't the end of the world, but I do find them uncomfortable as they use the artery in your wrist method, and last time it felt like the air had gone out of my stomach. Although if it helped them find out why I have stupid headaches I'm hardly going to kick up a fuss so we can just get it over and done with.

TTFN x


1 comment:

Gem said...

I like your fringe! Are you going to ask for an official overnight sats test at some point when you escape? Might be worth seeing what they're doing.

I've just sneezed 9 times in a row. Thought you'd appreciate this fact.

Lovelovelove xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

First and last of 2018

Oh dear. I think this is a new record, one post for the entire year (Technically. I wrote on 1.1.18 but its likely I wrote it a few days bef...