Thursday 9 August 2012

Age: 21. Mental age: 12...

In my attempt to avoid ending up working in McDonalds, I'm trying to start up as a photographer. Professionally and all that jazz. I've already done things like editing and shoots professionally (i.e. paid) and for charity, so hopefully it won't be too hard to start to get a client basis and get bookings for shoots for events/personal shoots (whether they be family shoots or a model building up their portfolio, to be honest, I won't be picky) and maybe even sell some of my own prints. The hard part is working out how much to charge someone for a shoot/print whilst covering my own costs and making a profit, whilst also not burning a hole in potential client's pocket and them thinking I'm over priced. Hate the business side of things because being all official scares the crap out of me!

But then again, "Do you want fries with that" has never been my favourite phrase.

I've even made a facebook page, to go with my official-ness:

https://www.facebook.com/mclarkphotography

I'm working on getting a proper website, and I've also changed my Flickr so its essentially an online portfolio, with everything watermarked so people can't go around stealing my photos.

I also had an amazing birthday, I went to Scotland with my family for the day on the 2nd to visit my gran, grandad, uncle, aunt and cousin who all go on holiday together to Portpatrick every year, and it's always over my birthday, which meant I got my presents off them early - woo! 21 or not, I'll never grow up about that part. On my actual birthday, the 3rd, I got a kindle touch :D (and a kettle, don't ask, but I did actually want one) some owly things, which I love, and a few awesomely hilarious presents off Gem, including the mandatory rude sweets from Ann summers. Tasted quite nice actually...

I went for a meal with my family and boyfriend to a Chinese buffet, YUM! Even though my dad actually doesn't like Chinese and ate anything that wasn't remotely Chinese he could find. There was a massive choice though so we were all absolutely stuffed. I was pretty pleased that I'd finished Cipro at that point, and my appetite had come back, cos if I couldn't eat all that food I would have been seriously pissed off! After eating our body weight in food (you have to appreciate everyone's ability to have a seriously reduced mental age when it comes to the ice cream machine) we came back and then I went out to the pub that evening to have a few drinks with my friends. Well... I say a few drinks. The idea was to have a couple and keep it at that due to the IVs (fairly sure that was my first birthday on IVs too) and this turned out to being presented with 5 shots courtesy of my older sister, and basically me not paying for any of my drinks all night (not that I complained... :D).

IVs happily finished on Wed and I'm fully enjoying freedom again, and REALLY trying to keep on top of every single physio and neb session to make sure I can enjoy the rest of my summer, and a trip to Kielder Water on the 17th-19th which consists of a photographic experience day with birds of prey including real owls :D and then learning and looking at the stars that night, which should be amazing. The next two days we'll explore Kielder and there's so much to see/do, the views are pretty damn good and we don't even have to walk if I can't manage it thanks to my blue badge :D All of this was my birthday present off my fantastic boyfriend, and I have to admit, I can't fault his choice at all!

P.s. for the record, the photos of me in the previous post with curly hair, yep, that's my natural excuse for a hairstyle.

No comments:

First and last of 2018

Oh dear. I think this is a new record, one post for the entire year (Technically. I wrote on 1.1.18 but its likely I wrote it a few days bef...