Wednesday 4 July 2012

Spain :) And other things

Spain was immense! We did so much, literally didn't spend any time just lying around on the beach all day - what's the point in spending all that money if you're just going to lie about doing nothing? We went Jet skiing, walking every day, found an amazing hidden quiet bar with beautiful views, went to Barcelona, saw fireworks, went Go Karting, rented a boat, went to a marine/water park... and still got a tan! Ok, so I didn't go really brown. My freckles doubled within a day and I tanned my shoulders. And burnt an ear, not sure how I managed that one... plus anyone who knows me knows I wear several bracelets on my right wrist, and don't take them off, so I've got a ridiculous tan line from that, but at least I can see that I did actually tan a bit!

I took about 1200 photos... (200 of which are on facebook, don't make me add more!) and that's even without taking photos of all the water-involved things, seeing as my camera isn't waterproof and I sort of prize it beyond, well, anything. Shame though, I could have gotten some cracking shots from the jet ski and our little paddle boat. The food at the hotel was nice too - it was full board, so we had the majority of our meals there unless we were out, and it was a buffet so there was always something you'd like. We're going to ignore the slight hitch I had with the drinks machine on the first morning at breakfast - I didn't see the milk button on the first machine when I made my tea, so used the second one. Which turned out to either be butter or banana milkshake. Suffice to say I didn't drink that one. After putting sweetener on my cornflakes I almost gave up, but other than that, it was all good :)

I even remembered to do my nebs everyday, which I'm pleased about. I sat on the little balcony so i didn't set off the smoke alarm, and I'm sure if anyone looked over they would have been confused as hell. The only thing I found is that in Spain, maybe it's the language barrier, people talk less to random people in case they don't understand, but here, when I cough, I usually get random comments about it. In Spain, I just got looks, constantly. A bit rude really, not like I can help it. I was walking every day which was good exercise, I'm always pleased when my legs tire quicker than my lungs as that has to be a good sign.

Unfortunately it didn't really last - 3 weeks off IVs and I'm already coughing a lot - I know I cough during the night, and everyone is aware of it. But it must be worse seeing as everyone is saying how I'm coughing a lot in the night lately. I hate it, I can get a full 12 hours sleep and still wake up looking shattered cos I was actually up half the night coughing anyway. It's enough to drive you mad, its annoying, exhausting, frustrating... I kinda hoped that the feeling well thing after 3 weeks of IVs would actually last a bit longer than the length of IVs themselves. I go to clinic on Friday, and I'm so tired of IVs and not having them work. It feels like the start of an infection, and for the first time in forever, I'm actually considering asking for cipro. Am I mad? It's been years since I had it, and my complaint was always that whilst it seemed to increase my LF whilst I was on it, it would always go back to what it originally was as soon as it was out of my system. I've considered that maybe it actually will work though. Hopefully. There's a chance it might actually do something seeing as I haven't taken in it years, and if it just knocked this on the head, then that's enough to avoid IVs for Graduation on the 10th, and if I push my luck, my birthday at the beginning of next month. It's worth a shot, right? Worst is that it does nothing and I need IVs anyway, and I usually do eventually. My little lungies just love the drugs too much!

Oh and I got my letter confirming that I've passed my degree, earning myself a Merit, which is a 2.1 :D Sooo much better than I thought I'd get, as my tutor spent the last year telling me that my work is merit level, a distinction if I push myself, and yet kinda kept giving me crappy marks. I'm not sure if thats cos my work wasn't what he expected, or cos I ended up choosing the not-my-best shots for my final images for each project, or cos he thought it would egg me on to try harder (didn't work, generally, I just got pissed off). But either way, I'm so pleased! Plus, with the final show exhibition we had at college, I had three prints for my work, one was A1, the other two were sort of half way between A2 and A3, and they were all framed. I got 69% for this, which was another merit - my tutor felt that I'd rushed myself, and if I'd spent more time developing them (i.e. more time murdering the 5x4 film camera in the studio, no thank you...) I would have gotten a higher mark, hence why I was 1% off a distinction. His actual complaint was that during my test shots, I had a white background, and he felt it was a bit plain, so advised me to try a textured background. I found some crafty style off white tissue paper that seemed to fit what he was asking me to find, and did my final shoot with that. Once I'd had my film developed (and as it's 5x4, it has to be taken to a specific place that develops that film as its much less used, its very time consuming) and scanned and printed them, I was quite happy with the background - in my test shots, the white background looked nice, but it was a lot of blank space. So I preferred the textured background. In my final tutorial, my tutor said that I should have spent more time developing and then deciding that a plain white background would look better, as the texture distracted the focus. That's his opinion, and it's his opinion that I didn't get that extra percent I needed for that distinction, despite that the textured background was actually his suggestion anyway. Either way, it doesn't actually bother me - I passed, with a VERY nice result, and someone is actually interested in buying the three prints from said exhibition anyway.  Boom.





Don't think there's much else to say, it was pretty much all Spain, college, and the shit state of my chest. I'll eventually upload a few Spain pics, but that would involve sorting through the several hundred which I, to put it bluntly, can't be arsed to do right now!

:)

No comments:

First and last of 2018

Oh dear. I think this is a new record, one post for the entire year (Technically. I wrote on 1.1.18 but its likely I wrote it a few days bef...